Thursday, July 6, 2017

Seoul 2017 Day 4 Part 1: Nami Island Tour, Petite France, Garden of Morning Calm

We did not want to inconvenience ourselves so again we took Trazy's tour

Best decision ever coz.... I did a lot of research on how to get there alone and I still concluded that no matter what, a comfortable bus journey to the many different places is a much more comfortable option than having to stress over public transport, things going wrong and the long journeys on our own.

So yes, we paid for it but the trip was so enjoyable, also because of our english speaking tour guide. I mean I got to sleep so much on the aircon bus? Shiok.

We chose to be picked up at hongdae at 7.20am, which is really early but we wanted it so that we can sleep on the bus. We left at 7.25am, after waiting for a pair that failed to turn up on time.

so please. do not be late. you waste your own money

After a 2 hour bus journey, we reached Petite France and had an hour and a half to walk within it.


Wah running man and the drama You Who Came From the Star make the place seem huge but it is honestly really tiny.

It is a really pretty place to take pictures though, I did enjoy my time there. The surrounding view of the sea and nature was really enjoyable too







There is one shop inside selling waffles churros etc



The marrionette performance honestly freaked me out lol... Like the puppet displays all.... like horror movie to me haha.

Some maps for you



We then took a short journey to the dock for Nami Island. We were given more time here because we needed to settle lunch also




Do note that... the frequency of the ferry isn't all that high haha. So sometimes we had to really wait for a while for the ferry

Wah but this place.... worthy to take wedding photograph one sia. Really a very pretty place. Something about the trees and nature here gives an even more calming and healing feel.







You might wonder why bother coming to this island but it's really worth the trip tbh.

Some maps for you!




With regard to the previous picture, mum and I actually took the electric car ride (5,000won per pax) where we were on this buggy kind of vehicle and we went one round around the island with the driver pointing out places (unfortunately in Korean.... so didn't really understand most of it)

It brings you one entire round in about 20 mins.... I guess bike rental would have been better but nah. Not for us. We ended up walking across the island, coz the Unicef train was a mere one way for 3,000 won for a short distance of a kilometre or two.

I actually felt that 1.5 hours is TOO SHORT to appreciate the beauty of this island (especially coz we didn't take all that much photos) and we had to plan out 1 hour for lunch as well.

If I came here again, I WOULD HAVE PACKED LUNCH. SANDWICHES AND DRINKS OR KIMBAP AND KIMCHI. LAY OUT A PICNIC MAT. THEN EAT UNDER THE TREES. SIGH

#regret #butididn'tknow

There were some food options on the island itself, but our tour guide told us that dak galbi is famous here so we went to try.

EVERY STORE ON THE MAIN ISLAND IS LIKE.... SELLING DAK GALBI ROFL

So I chose this one, coz brick aesthetic (really...)



Food was really good tbh (MUCH NICER than Yoogane. Shame, should have just eaten this dish here). Just that quite a lot of flies hanging around the pots next to me. They didn't attack me or my food, surprisingly.

Last stop, Garden of Morning Calm!

Coming from the garden city known as the little red dot, I was a bit adamant as to how nice this garden can really be.

Er okay la, I must say it is quite nice too. And that I'm glad I visited this place once :) I spent much more time walking and enjoying the scenery (and dying from the heat and humidity) than taking pictures though :X






The last photo is apparently the place where Love in the Moonlight was filmed. Hehe. Mum saw the drama, I did not.

And then our time was up for this tour.

I really enjoyed it very much! Would strongly recommend Trazy again.

Just do take note when you come back... the peak hour traffic is very sian. I regretted not jumping off at the myeongdong stop, and having to endure 30 mins of lousy traffic to get to Hongdae. I should have just gotten my street food and take a short journey on the train back.... would have been much faster!